Online sports betting in New Jersey is the holy grail in the United States. Since the best NJ Sportsbook inception in June 2018, the market has been growing exponentially. In NJ, there are around two dozen sports betting apps, including many that provide welcome bonuses for new players, odds boosts, and free bets.
NJ sports betting is the most fully developed and competitive new market in the United States. Here’s an in-depth look at the available apps and the state of sports gambling in New Jersey.
PROMO / SIGN UP
Best NJ Online Sportsbook – January 2023
Here is our most recent NJ online sports betting overall rating as of May 24, 2022:
Pointsbet Sportsbook – Get two risk-free bets for Up To $2,000
Unibet Sportsbook – $500 Risk-Free Bets
Betmgm Sportsbook – Up To $1000 Risk-Free Bet
Caesars Sportsbook – $1,100 First Bet Insurance
SugarHouse Sportsbook – 100% Up To $250 On First Deposit
Borgata Sportsbook – $100 Free with $20 Bet
Draftkings Sportsbook – 20% Up To $1,000
Wynnbet Sportsbook – Risk-Free Bet Up To $1000
888 Sportsbook – Up To $500 Risk-Free Bet
What Are The Top 5 Best NJ Sportsbook?
The answer to this question depends on several factors, including what you intend to bet on, what types of bonuses are currently available, and the app quality standards you seek.
While there are many excellent options to consider, no single sportsbook in New Jersey is the best in all categories. Using multiple apps is usually regular and valuable in the long run. Let’s look at some of the best sportsbook NJ that you should read.
DraftKings is ideal if you enjoy a smooth tech experience with various features to explore. All major league sports are well-represented, and there is also a wide range of minor sports to choose from. DraftKings’ NJ sports betting app and layout of available props are excellent. In addition, its betting pool contests provide a unique way to put your skills to the test.
Garden State bettors looking for a wide range of betting options should look for a sports gambling site that outperforms Caesars.
On upcoming matches in the major US sports and European soccer, tennis, boxing, and golf, there are generally 100+ different bets available.
While many of the top legal betting sites offer a wide range of sports, BetMGM goes much further than most. Lacrosse and snooker are two examples of sports that aren’t available everywhere. However, the most important games and events are well-recognized in a smooth and easy-to-use package.
If you’re looking for a sportsbook with less brand recognition than that of the big boys and girls, SugarHouse is the place to go. Because it is part of the Rush Street family, those familiar with BetRivers will have a similar experience. There are some fantastic features inside and a fantastic rewards program for gamblers.
PointsBet offers markets on a wide range of sports, with spread and totals markets, in particular, standing out, as do their odds overall.
When you consider these factors and their fantastic sign-up offer, it’s easy to see why they’re regarded as one of the best sportsbooks available.
Is it legal to bet on sports online in New Jersey?
Yes, New Jersey allows online sports betting. On June 11, 2018, Gov. Phil Murphy approved the New Jersey online sports betting bill into law a month after the US. The Professional and Amateur Sports Protection Act (PAPSA), which restricted sports betting from outside Nevada, was overturned by the Supreme Court. The legislation made legal online sports betting available at New Jersey casino sites and racetracks.
According to New Jersey sports betting law:
- Bettors should be at least 21 to participate.
- Players must make all bets in the state of New Jersey.
- Wagering on college events involving New Jersey teams or held in New Jersey is not permitted.
What’s going on in New Jersey sports betting right now?
- May 23, 2022 – The NJ sports betting industry has not slowed despite the release of mobile NY sportsbooks previously this year. In April, the handle at New Jersey sportsbooks was $926.9 million, a 23.9 percent increase over the previous year.
- May 13, 2022 – BetMGM said at its investor day that New Jersey had been EBITDA positive for the past five quarters.
- April 20, 2022 – Sports betting in New Jersey surpassed $1 billion in handle for the sixth time throughout seven months in March, potentially alleviating concerns regarding cannibalization from New York.
- March 25, 2022 – New Jersey penalized BetMGM $25,000 for violating state law by placing multiple wagers on college basketball games played inside the state.
- March 4, 2022 – The NJ DGE fined DraftKings $150,000 for enabling a Florida VIP gambler to bet in New Jersey via proxy.
- February 16, 2022 – The Super Bowl brought good news to New Jersey sportsbooks, with the handle reaching $143.7 million, a 22.4 percent increase over the previous year.
- February 1, 2022 – Esports Entertainment Group managed to secure a license, and NJ now has its first dedicated esports betting site.
Best NJ Sportsbook Promos
A promo code is a word or phrase that players can use to claim rewards at an online sportsbook. New Jersey online sports services use promo codes as a marketing tool to track player participation.
While some NJ online sportsbooks need players to enter a bonus code to claim a specific offer, others will not. Instead, players can find promo codes on your best sportsbook app NJ provider, website, and sports gambling sites. Check out our exclusive promo codes by clicking the NJ sportsbook reviews.
Other NJ Sportsbook Promotions
Know and understand the various sign-up promotions and bonuses available. The most common services are:
- Deposit match: The site will match a part of your deposit with credits to use on the site. The match is not withdrawable and will be subject to a playthrough requirement.
- Free bets: A free bet only for signing up and playing, but the offer may require a deposit. Because the credit is used on-site, you will not be able to withdraw it.
- Risk-free bets: You can put your first wager up to a certain amount risk-free after making an initial deposit. If your wager loses, you will receive site credits up to the maximum amount of the offer, which can be used to put additional bets.
You’ll only need a few minutes to spare to gain access to a completely legal and regulated NJ online sportsbook from beginning to end.
Best NJ Sportsbook FAQs
In New Jersey, Where Can I Bet?
When you register with any of the sportsbooks in this article, you can make a bet online through your desktop, mobile, or tablet. NJ also has a variety of retail sportsbooks where you can place your wagers.
Is it legal to gamble in New Jersey?
Yes. New Jersey became one of the first states to legalize sports betting in 2019, and it has only grown in popularity since then.
How do I register for an online account?
It is a quick and easy procedure that you can finish in minutes. First, click on our links to take advantage of the welcome bonus from one of the best NJ sportsbooks. Following that, follow the instructions and enter the required information. Your new sports betting account will be open as soon as you complete the process.